Hello, Current and Former Members of Geauga Council for Arts and Culture,
Hope this letter finds you well. I wanted to contact our members for several reasons - to give you some information as well as to ask for some input.
First, the information:
1. Love to read? Interested in sharing ideas about a fascinating book? Come join an intergenerational group of high school students and senior citizens for a Book Club! Co-sponsored by the senior center and Chardon High School's student group Actively Caring Four People, we are going to be discussing the book Unbroken by Lauren Hillenbrand. It's an amazing story of courage that takes place during World War II. We will be doing this for 3 weeks, beginning Thursday, Nov 13 at 4:00PM at Beans Coffee Shop in Chardon. The second meeting will be Nov 20, and the third Dec 4 - all at Beans at 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM. You may come to any or all of these meetings - though you will, of course, miss some parts of the discussion. The first meeting will be on background of the book, the war years.
2. "Art Takes a Bough" is coming on Tuesday, December 17 at The West Woods, from 6:00 - 9:00 PM. Speaker for the evening is Bill Hixon, White House decorator and floral artist. New this year: a Zentangle "make it/take it" ornament. And you can browse (or bring) unique hand-made ornaments created by local artists. These will be sold @ $10.00 or $30.00 each and any artist may bring up to six for sale. We are hoping you will come and get a great start on your Christmas festivities - and a unique new ornament for your tree, as well as inspiration and ideas for floral arrangements from Mr. Hixon.
Download the Flyer and Artist Guidelines
3. Our third annual "Arts Jam" will once again be held this summer on June 20th on the square in Chardon - and we are looking for volunteers. From serving on one of the main committees: artists, marketing, overall planning to working the day of the event, we could use some help - and you could have fun with a great group of people. If you're interested, please contact me at email@example.com.
Now the request for input:
We need more members - both on our board and on our roster. We have been sponsoring several arts related events over the past few years and would like more involvement from our members. We are talking about an event at Cleveland Art in the spring. We had quite a good turnout for that last year. Would this, one of the options below, or something else nudge you to come out and join us?
- music from a local artist?
- a workshop with a visual artist?
- a social event with cocktails/snacks, etc.
- something else? ________________________________
We really would like to have your input on this. You can respond directly to this email. Please let us hear from you!!
This will be our last letter if you have not paid dues for this year. If you are interested in staying a member or becoming a new member, contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will send the materials to you right away. Thanks for your interest in the arts.
Madelon Horvath, president
Geauga Council for Arts & Culture